May 19, 2019
Entries will be accepted from February 1 – April 27, 2019
- Cost: $7 per entry. 5 entries per user. 1 entry per category. Three (3) bottles per entry.
- Ship to:
- Brewers will be required to use online entry, and encouraged to use online payment, although checks will be accepted, but NO CASH.
- Entry link is
- Authorized drop off locations (MAKE SURE to refer to BeerMeBrew Cup):
- MoreBeer, Riverside location, 1506 Columbia Ave, Riverside CA 92507
- All-American Ale Works, 5120 E La Palma Ave, Unit 103, Anaheim CA 92807
- More to be added
Entry and Category Information:
- All entries must be homemade. No commercially brewed entries will be accepted.
- Attendance is NOT required. Brewers (and friends) are invited to attend the awards ceremony (location and schedule to be announced)
- Total entries will be capped at 200.
- Each entrant can enter up to five (5) entries maximum. No more than one entry per category (not just subcategory).
- Walk-in entries will not be accepted.
- Three bottles will be required (1st for initial judging, 2nd for mini-best of show if qualifying, 3rd for overall best of show if qualifying)
- All bottles must be UNMARKED, with no paper or inked labels or any other identifying marks on the bottle or cap.
- Raised brewery lettering are acceptable but discouraged.
- Grolsch style bottles (snap lock) will not be accepted.
- Bottle ID forms must be RUBBER-BANDED to each bottle, individually. Do not tape labels to the bottles.
- BeerMeBrew Cup will be judging all BJCP beer, mead and cider styles using the 2015 BJCP guidelines (and using the new 2018 scoresheets).
- Categories may be combined at the discretion of the organizers. Entries in combined categories will be judged according to the style originally indicated on the entry form.
- Entries must receive a minimum score of 30 to be awarded a medal. The competition organizers reserve the right to not award medals for all places if deemed appropriate by the organizers, however category combination will be preferred.
- Entries may be disqualified from the competition by the organizers for failure to comply with any of the official rules.
- Medals will be awarded in each category. The organizers reserve the right to combine categories if appropriate.
- The top two Best of Show (overall and female) winners will receive custom ceramic cups created specifically for the competition by Don Fitzgerald.
- A separate Best of Show will be held for all female brewers. These entries will be marked as eligible for this BoS.
- Route 30 Brewing, Riverside
- Organizer: Mike Malsed
- Judge Director: TBD (or Mike Malsed)
- Head Steward: Cyndi Malsed
- Advisor: Dave Ruegg
- Publisher: Rob Sullivan
- Best Of Show awards: Don Fitzgerald
All decisions of the organizers and the Judging Staff are to be considered final. Every effort shall be taken to create a completely blind-tasting environment to judge all entries. Any entry that may appear (by sight or aroma) to be dangerous or severely infected may be reviewed by the organizers or head judge. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify an entry by sight or aroma alone. In this case, a refund will be issued. Should the organizers determine that there has been any malfeasance with an entry/entries, that entrant may be banned, permanently.
BeerMeBrew Club does not condone intoxicated driving, participants are expected to drink responsibly.